Havertys Furniture - Will Havertys customer have to go to court?

51 of 289 Havertys Furniture reviews

Update added by user Apr 18

I would love to delete the original.Havertys resolved all our problems and some.

It is all about getting the right people in a business. One bad person can make for a bad review like above. she was so bad I never dreamed that Haverty's would fix our situation and with discounted prices and all new great furniture that we now love. Go to the Rockville store and ask for Martine Baker...you will have your salesperson through the whole process so ask for their best and nicest salesperson who is also called Marty.

Tell her that Bill says hello and then have a wonderful experience because Marty is not pushy at all and is experienced and smart and she helped us fix everything so we have what we now love.and we love her...she is now our friend.

Update added by user Aug 14, 2015

I previously left a bad review for Havertys due to a call to us from a "top drawer customer

service" person who told us we could not return furniture AS IT WAS AGREED BY THE

SERVICE TECH ED WHO CAME OUT AND INSPECTED THE FURNITURE.This got me real

upset at the time.

Since then HAVERTYS HAS BEEN SO WONDERFUL AND HAS GIVEN US

EVERY BREAK AND DISCOUNT. Amazing. Our true selves come out under stress and I failed

yet Havertys was exactly "top drawer" like they say. April Marrisett first, who was extremely intelligent BTW, put me in contact immediately with Lesha Hiatt who was more than everything one could expect from a customer focused, friendly and capable corporate office manager.

At all levels Havertys has been friendly, smart, caring and giving us the best service even after all my 1 star rants. There must be a "What would Jesus do?" company culture because they have been more friendly and better at how they have treated us that we DO NOT EXPERIENCE ANYWHERE ANYMORE. Cheers Havertys! And I am sincerely sorry for the negative comments.

Lastly, Our sales person who is now helping us is Marti or Martine Baker at the Rockville store.I highly recommend her to everyone because once you decide on a salesperson they will be helping you in the best way through the whole process.

Original review posted by user Jul 25, 2015

Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp.The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific Coast Lighting and sent photos and it was agreed that the lamp never should have been delivered.

Again, the Havertys Service Tech agreed and told the customer that "it was no problem" and agreed that the table was unacceptable and also ON THE WAY DOWN THE STAIRS TO THE BASEMENT SAID "I can see the damage on the Manchester Loveseat from here!" He told us that a person would call about pickup and exchange for another couch for the recliner, damaged loveseat and damaged table. Customer Service is now saying they will only exchange the lamp. The furniture was purchased in Fairfax, Virginia and associates at the Rockville store also said it was no problem. We took pictures of over 12 random very dark and wide paint brush lines on the light natural wood table.

And pictures of the loveseat headrest having no padding, no cushioning at all. Sitting in it you don't see the TV, you see the ceiling. The Service Tech Ed who works the metro Maryland area PROMISED US WE WERE FINE TO RETURN ALL OF IT. THEN WE RECEIVE A CALL FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE AS IF HE TOLD CS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY.

What would you do? We are going through State of Maryland Mediation and then if that does not work we are allowed to file a lawsuit in Maryland District Court. Just the pictures of the items are enough to win! What a bummer!

What a waste of time! This is going to cost us months!

We spent $3,300! And we bought an $8,000 Tempurpedic Allura bed. And they TREAT US LIKE THIS!

I agree with the others here who gave Havertys 5 stars for delivery. Their delivery is the best. IF you receive furniture that is not damaged. They have already lied to us at least one time.

With obvious damage they will do nothing. I called the nice lady at Pacific Coast Lighting and sent her pictures that the conduit tube up the middle was bent and she was freaked out and told Havertys to retrieve it and make sure we get a perfect one next time. I am crying right now! I can not even sit on the leather loveseat and recliner downstairs in our media room with our 51 inch plasma TV because the loveseat is broken and both KILL my back!

Ed the service person told us that all the Manchester couches have this metal bar right at the low end of the lower back.

There is no cushion there.My back sits down on a metal bar?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Service Tech ED told us we could exchange the table and Manchesters for another Havertys couch. Metal bar is under little cushioning and hurts our backs
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Havertys Recliner
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #671703 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Havertys Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
51 of 289 Havertys Furniture reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Dugan-Thekitty

Apr 18 #1146364

Anonymous,
I also wrote an update to this review and I saw it before. I think it was under a different name so it is located elsewhere. Or they had it below the original. In any case I do not see it anywhere now. what a waste of time. this website needs some serious work to be brought into the 21st century. don't think these problems are because of me. i am a PC person and was thorough before. i can't take time here now at all unless i am emailed how to delete it. I would love to delete the original. Havertys resolved all our problems and some. great people. i talked with 1 person at Havertys who called us who messed everything up! a higher up has since had a serious talk with her. all of the rest of Havertys have been super and they have given us discounts and let us trade in any furniture we wanted just to make us happy. It is all about getting the right people in a business. One bad person can make for a bad review like above. she was so bad I never dreamed that Haverty's would fix our situation and with discounted prices and all new great furniture that we now love.

0 0 Reply

Apr 17 #1146094

I have been a Haverty's customer over 18 plus years. The furniture is top quality and I only had one problem with a night stand that was delivered damaged about two years ago. Haverty's customer service worked diligently with me to get it replaced. I recommend Haverty's because they sell quality furniture and at decent prices.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Havertys Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Havertys Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×