The lady at the desk took waaay too long to complete my transaction.

Then she charge an incomplete amount on my card; which made the promotion 12 months rather 18 months.

I now see why I haven’t been to Havertys in years because of foolery like this.

It took two hours to complete, in my opinion, a simple transaction.

No one knew how to check me out so I could be on my way.

I should just cancel this transaction why they play around trying to figure out how to ring me up.

Comments

Work/Life Balance is terrible Team Lead (Former Employee) – Colonial Heights, VA – August 1, 2018 This distribution center combined two shifts (Prep & Load) & planned to cross-train both shifts into becoming equip to run the prep process & load process into a one shift deal. I think the idea was to cut back hours & eventually lower the staff capacity in order to save the company a lot of money.

They tried it with all of their major distribution centers and this is the only one who is still doing it. The problem is with a skeleton crew, it only takes one or two callouts to short a team. During the light season this can turn a 6 hour day into a 10 hour day. During the heavy season, this can cause veteran employees to quit.

Without veteran employees the management is forced to rely on new hires and even temp, labor contracted workers to send out quality product that customers pay heavily for. I have no issue with the management at this facility. You present your concerns to them in a professional and reasonable way, and they will empathize with you entirely, but at the end of the day, they can give you a pat on the back and make no major decisions without going through the corporate office. The guys in this building, noble as they may be, cannot give mid year raises or bonuses, increase the employee capacity, or make any truly helpful difference without emailing or calling out of state management individuals, who haven't put their hand on the product or attempted to involve themselves in the processes they are now demanding, in decades.

This company boasts internal advancement, but truly there's a total of maybe 10 supervisors & managers in this building, and they have all been here for years. There's never any indication that any of them may ever leave, so it seems as though once you become a team lead, you have peaked and are forced to go through the same, tedious work process forever until someone above you leaves, then for all you know they may opt to hire from the outside. All of this is hard enough before considering the intangibles like trucks arriving often 6 to 7 hours after your shift started even though they should have been unloaded before you even arrived, or guys on your team so frustrated from being constantly moved around because of the skeleton crew that you don't have faith in them moving quality product. If you have a family, a life, or any plans to tend to outside of your 9 to 5, Haverty's expects you to put them on the back burner to move their furniture.

I like to work. I take satisfaction on putting my name on quality work. I don't like calling my wife at 6pm and telling her to cancel my dinner plans, or telling my in-laws I can't go to a mid-week Birthday event because I have no idea when I'm going to get out of work.

There is no concern for quality of life, at least on the distribution end. I'd recommend a quality candidate to pass on this job, even if it means taking a pay cut elsewhere

Their entire operating system has not been working all week. We went to the Orlando Havertys to buy furniture fr our new home but none of their terminals were working.

We tried to finish our sale for 2 days using their designer. We finally went to Ethan Allen and Baers and had a better shopping experience.

Our salesperson at Havertys was helpful but sadly their terminals were poorly maintenanced and doesn't look like they'd be repaired anytime soon. We even tried to order online and their online servce was down