I bought a leather couch from Havertys and bought the Guardian insurance.Saleslady from Havertys told me, "They cover everything-even if you put a knife through the leather, it is covered." Since we have a dog, I thought, what the heck...spend the extra money.

What a hassle it was to get them to come and look. You have to take a photo of the area that is damaged. I had to go online an copy the form and then fill it all out and mail it in. I had a cat make a slight tear, but not all the way through the leather, and the tech put this crappy paint stuff on it, it was a horrible job.

Then I had a death in the family to deal with and I never did get back to them. I would not buy it, the sales rep did not explain it clearly.

Buyer beware is my advice.

Review about: Havertys Furniture Sofa.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with Havertys Furniture?

Comments

Anekal, Karnataka, India #27076

we bought the guardian insurance as well,we purchase an expensive king size mattress set.and the sales person talk us into buying the insurance,the sale guy said buy the mattress pad guaratee not to ever have stains go through.and the first time our grand babies stayed with us guess what ,yep urine stains a year later an an act of congress the issue is finally resolved. but i will never buy any insurance from guardian or furniture from haverty's.It was a horrible experience.

Palmdale, Florida, United States #21774

My son was teething at the time.

Springwater, New York, United States #21686

Your son bit through the leather? Freak!

Palmdale, Florida, United States #21665

We had the same problem with our leather sectional.My son had bitten holes in the leather.

We were given the run around by Guardian Ins. We ended up writing a letter to Haverty's headquarters and Haverty's themselves replaced the couch. May want to go that route.

Good Luck!!!:)