Havertys Furniture - Substandard Furniture Purchases from Havertys
Update added by user Apr 05, 2013
Havertys is a total outrage. They do NOT stand for quality at all. In retrospect, we should have purchased furniture from form distinctive quality stores in the area, that are known to have top quality merchandise such as Ethan Allen.
Original review posted by user Apr 05, 2013
Feathers are consistently coming out of the seat pads, arm rest, and pillows of our living room set (sofa, loveseat and throw pillows) which is their Autumn Breeze model.Over time these feather 'emissions' have been continuous and frequent.
The wooden filing cabinet I purchased is also defective. The top and lower metal racks that are supposed to hold our hanging files are always falling in. The grooves in which the metal bars rests seem shallow. The bars do not fit snugly.
The continuous struggle of having to put the metal bars back has also scratched the back 'wall' of the cabinet. This experience has been a complete DISAPPOINTMENT and a great inconvenience. To our dismay, the furniture purchases from your store have proved to be substandard and a poor investment on our end. Haverty's has poor customer service.
We have raised these problems to them. They provide you with a website with which to upload photos of the defective furniture. The photo upload process is NOT efficient. They say you could upload a minimum of 10 and I could only upload THREE.
Havertys makes it difficult for you to file your complaint.They've sent us a technician and that technician will deny the defects exist.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Purchased a dining room set, a china cabinet, bedroom set for child, and entertainment center from Haverty's in Brandon Fl. Dining room set arrive with 4 damaged chairs, all chipped..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "We paid nearly 4,000.00 for a custom Paula Sofa. It was finally brought to us last week. I had to refuse delivery! A PIECE OF JUNK I would not..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick is a DISGRACE!! Proof Below. This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only. For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, MBBS, http://www.martinick.com/ Image 21 &..."
- "After you guys read this, almost all of you guys will be like "oh nooo, that is not true, he is lying" and I am OK with that. Say whatever..."
- "We left a message with James Perry, President of Lennar on Nov. 28,200SIX.We stated that Lennar should change their founding principles. Lennar states "highest standards for caring for their..."