Featured on Pinterest Not resolved

Update by user Apr 05, 2013

Havertys is a total outrage. They do NOT stand for quality at all. In retrospect, we should have purchased furniture from form distinctive quality stores in the area, that are known to have top quality merchandise such as Ethan Allen.

Original review posted by user Apr 05, 2013

Feathers are consistently coming out of the seat pads, arm rest, and pillows of our living room set (sofa, loveseat and throw pillows) which is their Autumn Breeze model.Over time these feather 'emissions' have been continuous and frequent.

Related: Havertys Furniture - Havertys

The wooden filing cabinet I purchased is also defective. The top and lower metal racks that are supposed to hold our hanging files are always falling in. The grooves in which the metal bars rests seem shallow. The bars do not fit snugly.

The continuous struggle of having to put the metal bars back has also scratched the back 'wall' of the cabinet. This experience has been a complete DISAPPOINTMENT and a great inconvenience. To our dismay, the furniture purchases from your store have proved to be substandard and a poor investment on our end. Haverty's has poor customer service.

We have raised these problems to them. They provide you with a website with which to upload photos of the defective furniture. The photo upload process is NOT efficient. They say you could upload a minimum of 10 and I could only upload THREE.

Havertys makes it difficult for you to file your complaint.They've sent us a technician and that technician will deny the defects exist.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Havertys Furniture?

Comments

Marian121

To this day, the office furniture I purchased (which is a lateral file drawer for over $600) from Haverty's in 2010 is truly a rip off.The lateral file drawer has a nice wood finish but the filing rack is falling apart.

I tried to get them to fix it and they said they could not do anything about it. I am tired of fighting with Havertys. I am not able to hang any files, so I had to buy some filing organizers at the Container Store to stick it inside the drawers. Their customer service is extremely poor and below par.

They answer your phone call and that's about it. They send repair technicians who cannot do anything to address the consumer's concern.

I have NOT gone to Havertys since that recurring experience of unprofessionalism and unresponsive customer service, plus ABSOLUTELY POOR quality furniture.Do NOT be fooled.

Jack
Virginia, United States #886971

I'm seeing more and more high number on sites where the negative review is being padded by employees or staff from the respective vendors. Sad, so sad.

marian

I was able to exchange my sofa and love seat to something else but only after expending so much energy and effort.

I will NEVER buy from Havertys again. I receive a lot of discount coupons from Havertys and they now go straight to my trash.

Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States #782746

I have the same problem with a couch. Feathers coming out everywhere. I didn't even know it had feathers in it or I wouldn't have bought it due to allergies.