Havertys Furniture - Poorly manufactured Dining Room Set & Guardsman Warranty
I purchased a Dining Room Set on 3/30/2014 and in less than 2 years it now looks like I have had it for several years due to poor manufacturing.I was told by my sells rep that I needed to purchase the service plan so I purchase the Guardsman Service Plan to get furniture repaired/refurbished in case of problems.
I filed a service request more than a month after the furniture started to fall apart and was told by Guardsman, because it was more than a month (but less than 2) between the time the table top started peeling and the bottom support was broken on one chair, that my request was denied. I paid approximately $250 for extended warranty that is of no use to me.
I will now have to pay someone to fix my furniture that cost me $2273.17 (included furniture, extended warranty, tax and delivery) before it will look good again.I was basically told there was nothing they could do for me.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Guardsman service plan
- Very poor quality
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Guardsman Furniture Protection Plan
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We purchased what we thought was a high quality leather sectional $4000! After receiving the couch we discovered that the leather stain was actually a "water based" spray stain! It..."
- "I bought a reclining Peyton couch in 2014. This is the second time in two years that the dye has started to come off the couch. The first time it..."
- "Been trying to review (on the Haverty's website) the Sutton Place King Sleigh Bed we bought a year ago, and (surprise surprise) there is no way for me to actually..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Looking for teaching jobs in Vietnam? Don't go to Thai Binh Duong or Thái Bình Dương center. They stand for broken promises, take money from teachers without telling, lying about..."
- "I purchased a cute ring from Lia Sophia with a lifetime guarantee on it. I've worn it approximately 5 times total and one of the crystals has fallen out and..."
- "I brought some 5815 classic tall women Uggs boots and i waited 25 days to get them. They was boots for my daughter. She tried them on and..."
- "This team is an extreme disappointment. Marina does not respond to any client requests, even after making a 50% down payment on the project. It has taken 3 months just..."