Havertys Furniture - Horrible Customer Service

I purchased a sectional.I had someone come out and take a look at the springs because they didn't look right.

Indeed - it was not put together right. Haverty's opted to repair instead of replace (even though this was all on them). They said it would be one week. During this time I had nothing to sit on and they really didn't care.

They informed me that they had the option to repair or replace. Two weeks went by and I called again - now, they said that it could take up to two weeks - which of course was NOT explained to me in the first place. Three weeks go by - they can't seem to figure out why they can't schedule delivery. "Something is wrong with the system." I'm furious at this point.

They submit a ticket to IT. I've been inconvenienced for 3 weeks because they delivered furniture that should never have been given to anyone. I call today to talk to yet ANOTHER manager and she was the worse. They had scheduled my delivery for this coming Saturday, 3 days shy of 4 weeks but cancelled it because I told the lady when she called that I would be out of the country and I needed it sooner.

She said she would see what could be done and call me back. Of course she never called me and so my Saturday delivery was cancelled. Now, they have it schedule on Tuesday which is exactly 4 weeks. I have people staying at my house while I'm out of the country with nothing to sit on and the manager tried to blame me for the cancellation.

I said "because someone did not do their job and call me back that Haverty's had screwed me once again." I would not recommend this company to anyone. I spent the extra money because of the name but apparently, that means nothing.

So - buyer beware!The sales people are great - just hope you never need to deal with Customer Service!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
I'm tired of everyone saying "I'm sorry". That is doing nothing for me when nothing changes. I want either new furniture or mine back! It's simple really. I'd also like someone to care about the way they have handled this entire ordeal.
Product or service
Sectional Replacement
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #547673

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Havertys Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 10 Yes 10 1 No 1
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 02, 2015 #940012 Williamston, South Carolina

Havertys suck they. Have the worst service don't never buy service agreement they lie what it cover Herman burgess

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Havertys Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Havertys Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about