Tampa, Florida

Purchased a dining room set, a china cabinet, bedroom set for child, and entertainment center from Haverty's in Brandon Fl.Dining room set arrive with 4 damaged chairs, all chipped on the corners and sides, one arm chair's arm was not correctly bolted to the chair, the extension latch on the table was not bolted and there were scratches and dents on the table.

The china hutch had huge gaps on the doors, scratches and the inside was full of fiberglass. None of the furniture was wiped down and it was filthy. Service came and only fixed a handful of the problems and not the bolt on the chair. I returned the china cabinet because it was so poorly constructed and full of fiberglass.

Entertainment center arrives with a replacement arm chair. The replacement arm chair had a huge crack on the arm of the chair! The delivery guy was very nice and fixed the old chair (which the service guy couldn't do!) Yet, I bet the service guy makes more money then the delivery guy! The shelf on the entertainment center was so badly scratched and beat up that the delivery people said that they would call it in for a replacement part which would arrive the next day (child bedroom set being delivered the following day).

* Note- originally told that the child bedroom set was not availabale till January but assistant MGR. Ron was able to get it in earlier. Child bedroom set arrives and NO shelf. Ask delivery men where the shelf is and they say its not their department, its service!

So, again I call the store and customer service, solution- bring shelf to store so I don't have to wait a whole day for it and I can exchange at the store. Entertainment center is wobbly when you pull on the doors to access DVD's, DVD player, etc... call store Mgr. and she says that's not normal, even if on carpet and she will put a service call in and they will work around MY schedule because of all the screwups.

Customer service calls and unilaterally makes an appointment without my permission or consent. Call customer service to tell them that date and time is not convenient and try to schedule for Friday. They are not available for Friday so they want me to wait around four hours on Saturday or take another day off from work!!! In addition to this, they cancelled the shelf delivery to the store because they want the delivery to occur the same day as the service call.

Now they say they can deliver shelf on Friday but service wouldn't occur till Saturday. I was told that BOTH need to be at the home in order to move the entertainment center to stabilize the unit. I am so pissed that I am willing/going to send back ALL the furniture from Haverty's and shop elsewhere. The furniture is not great quality and not worth all this hassle, missed time from work and time spent on the phone.

They have one more opportunity to fix this.Will post update.

Review about: Havertys Furniture Furniture Set.

Had an Experience with Havertys Furniture?

Comments

attybrandon

Haverty's local manager at my store fixed the problem and gave me a credit for all the troubles that I had. All I had to do was mention David Champion and things were taken care of right away.

AR

I called the customer service number to ask who Haverty's would suggest to replace glass in a china cabinet. The customer service representative left a message to tell me that the cabinet was discontinued and to just call someone in my city. That is it...thank you Einstein for your fabulous customer service.

AR

Geoff Kirby

Call the Eastern-Distrubition center In Braselton, Ga., Broadway Ave. # is easy to find. Ask Tia the operator, to let you speak with David Champion.