Havertys Furniture - Haverty's Customer Service is awful! Furniture is cheaply made and poorly put together!
Purchased a dining room set, a china cabinet, bedroom set for child, and entertainment center from Haverty's in Brandon Fl.Dining room set arrive with 4 damaged chairs, all chipped on the corners and sides, one arm chair's arm was not correctly bolted to the chair, the extension latch on the table was not bolted and there were scratches and dents on the table.
The china hutch had huge gaps on the doors, scratches and the inside was full of fiberglass. None of the furniture was wiped down and it was filthy. Service came and only fixed a handful of the problems and not the bolt on the chair. I returned the china cabinet because it was so poorly constructed and full of fiberglass.
Entertainment center arrives with a replacement arm chair. The replacement arm chair had a huge crack on the arm of the chair! The delivery guy was very nice and fixed the old chair (which the service guy couldn't do!) Yet, I bet the service guy makes more money then the delivery guy! The shelf on the entertainment center was so badly scratched and beat up that the delivery people said that they would call it in for a replacement part which would arrive the next day (child bedroom set being delivered the following day).
* Note- originally told that the child bedroom set was not availabale till January but assistant MGR. Ron was able to get it in earlier. Child bedroom set arrives and NO shelf. Ask delivery men where the shelf is and they say its not their department, its service!
So, again I call the store and customer service, solution- bring shelf to store so I don't have to wait a whole day for it and I can exchange at the store. Entertainment center is wobbly when you pull on the doors to access DVD's, DVD player, etc... call store Mgr. and she says that's not normal, even if on carpet and she will put a service call in and they will work around MY schedule because of all the screwups.
Customer service calls and unilaterally makes an appointment without my permission or consent. Call customer service to tell them that date and time is not convenient and try to schedule for Friday. They are not available for Friday so they want me to wait around four hours on Saturday or take another day off from work!!! In addition to this, they cancelled the shelf delivery to the store because they want the delivery to occur the same day as the service call.
Now they say they can deliver shelf on Friday but service wouldn't occur till Saturday. I was told that BOTH need to be at the home in order to move the entertainment center to stabilize the unit. I am so pissed that I am willing/going to send back ALL the furniture from Haverty's and shop elsewhere. The furniture is not great quality and not worth all this hassle, missed time from work and time spent on the phone.
They have one more opportunity to fix this.Will post update.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Furniture Quality
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "Hidious Service! Paid for my order to be priorty shipped & arrive before Christmas! Just received the item a week ago. Good Luck getting a live person on the phone...."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "MEMPHIS TN SHELBY COUNTY...............Extended Arms Cleaning Contractor's ....Nancy Taylor it's a crime to online harass make FALSE claims call or in anyway directly or in directly try to contact myself..."
- "WARNING!! Attorney Kiarash Shampoo AKA Kia Champion Is A *** ARTIST! Encino, California BEWARE of a scam artist by the name of Attorney Kiarash Shampoo AKA Kia Champion AKA Kia Shampoo Champion...."
- "I Purchased a A/C unit from the above website on 8/18/2011. The unit comes with a 2 yr warranty. All goes well for 1.5 yrs. I am very pleased with..."
- "After the surgery at age 56, neither I nor any of my family or friends saw any evidence of the lift or the liposuction under my chin. There was no..."