Havertys Furniture - Crimson fabric BLEEDS red on clothing!

Update added by user Jan 02

Haverty's called me the day after the tech was out.Gave a prompt full refund.

PLUS additional to cover replacement of clothing. Said I could come get something else if I wanted, but this way, with refund, I had the option if I wanted to go elsewhere. Service rep was VERY nice and helpful. Haverty's gave no argument, were prompt in resolving, including paying for damages.

We did go back and get different chairs, and will continue to purchase from Haverty's.

They were honest, and prompt, great service.

By the way, i have since seen on a number of items like purses, clothing, shoes for sale in assorted stores, that WARN to not put burgundy items near your clothing, as the color will bleed off.I guess it is a hazard with this color, on most anything.

The replacement chairs that we got are a very pale mint green.

Update added by user Jul 03, 2015

Called Cust Svs and a technician to come out July 11 to check out the situation.

Original review posted by user Jul 03, 2015

Special custom order two Betsy model Power Wallsaver Recliners, Color: Crimson. Fabric is sort of a thin microsuede, polyester. Were delivered in about 3 weeks (6/16/15). Several days ago, noticed that the back of my white nightgown was stained crimson! Went to hamper, dug out and took a look at the nightgown I wore a couple cays before - crimson stains. Made husband stand up and come outside; the backside of his white shorts are stained crimson. Stains are not BRIGHT, but are obvious and ugly. I put in a complaint on July 1, describing the issue. They have it entitled "damage to clothing". I told them that yes, I have damage to clothing and want that issue addressed, but that the fabric is totally defective in that it bleeds red color onto people and clothing. I asked that someone come out and rub their own piece of white fabric anywhere on either chair.

I did upload photos of my nightgown with the stains.

Have not yet heard back for them to send someone out to check it out.

What I want is chairs with a totally different fabric. I do not trust ANY fabric in that line ALL.

Everyone has been courteous and prompt, so I will see what transpires. But I sure am disappointed that such an AWFUL quality merchandise would be sold from a store that is generally considered to carry good product.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Fabric defective

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Betsy Power Wallsaver Recliner
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #660174 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Havertys Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 03, 2015 #1003093

I don't think the fabric is your problem, I think it is the color. Red tones have always been notorious for bleeding onto other colors, usually when laundered. That being said I have heard of a lot of people having trouble with the color from red furniture rubbing off on their clothes. Several years ago my mother-in-law told me about some people that she knew, whose little girl had new bright red nightgown and the color rubbed off on her white bed sheets.

0 0 Reply

Jul 03, 2015 #1003256

I believe that you are correct. I think that Haverty's (and the supplier for this line, BEST Home Furnishings) need to pull this and any similar colors. And I am wanting to have Havertys replace this with a different (LIGHTER, not red!) fabric. Yup, not the fabric, but the color itself.
What family has not had a pair of pink men's underwear?
That being said, I want Havertys to make it right.
Have not heard back from them yet; I will call, and will keep this post updated with progress, be it positive or negative.
Thanks for the feedback.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Havertys Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Havertys Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about