Havertys Furniture - Crimson fabric BLEEDS red on clothing!
Update added by user Jan 02
Haverty's called me the day after the tech was out.Gave a prompt full refund.
PLUS additional to cover replacement of clothing. Said I could come get something else if I wanted, but this way, with refund, I had the option if I wanted to go elsewhere. Service rep was VERY nice and helpful. Haverty's gave no argument, were prompt in resolving, including paying for damages.
We did go back and get different chairs, and will continue to purchase from Haverty's.
They were honest, and prompt, great service.
By the way, i have since seen on a number of items like purses, clothing, shoes for sale in assorted stores, that WARN to not put burgundy items near your clothing, as the color will bleed off.I guess it is a hazard with this color, on most anything.
The replacement chairs that we got are a very pale mint green.
Update added by user Jul 03, 2015
Called Cust Svs and a technician to come out July 11 to check out the situation.
Original review posted by user Jul 03, 2015
Special custom order two Betsy model Power Wallsaver Recliners, Color: Crimson. Fabric is sort of a thin microsuede, polyester. Were delivered in about 3 weeks (6/16/15). Several days ago, noticed that the back of my white nightgown was stained crimson! Went to hamper, dug out and took a look at the nightgown I wore a couple cays before - crimson stains. Made husband stand up and come outside; the backside of his white shorts are stained crimson. Stains are not BRIGHT, but are obvious and ugly. I put in a complaint on July 1, describing the issue. They have it entitled "damage to clothing". I told them that yes, I have damage to clothing and want that issue addressed, but that the fabric is totally defective in that it bleeds red color onto people and clothing. I asked that someone come out and rub their own piece of white fabric anywhere on either chair.
I did upload photos of my nightgown with the stains.
Have not yet heard back for them to send someone out to check it out.
What I want is chairs with a totally different fabric. I do not trust ANY fabric in that line ALL.
Everyone has been courteous and prompt, so I will see what transpires. But I sure am disappointed that such an AWFUL quality merchandise would be sold from a store that is generally considered to carry good product.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Sales staff
- Selection of merchandise
- Quality of merchandise
What I disliked
- Fabric defective
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Betsy Power Wallsaver Recliner
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "We usually are out of town during Thanksgiving. This year, my husband needed cancer surgery, so we had Thanksgiving at home 6 days after lung surgery. I had..."
- "I purchased a Piedmont sectional sofa with the chaise lounge. This sofa is so poorly made that a tech has been to my house now 4 times to replace couch..."
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "ORDERED WHITE STONE TABLES AS PICTURED ON THEIR SITE. FIRST AND FOREMOST THEIR DELIVERY SERVICE IN MY AREA REALLY SUCKS. A DELIVERY COMPANY THAT ONLY AT BEST IS IN MY..."
- "I used Behr All-in-One Deck Cleaner first and then a tinted Textured Deck Over. It looked awesome at first but within a month, the paint started chipping off...first in..."
- "We purchased a beautiful French Brittany from them 4 years ago. We live in Florida so they flew her to Miami. She has been very healthy except for a few..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."
- "I been smoking your brand for years and I'm seriously thinking about changing brands due to the poor quality I am now getting. Your cigarettes are now much less packed..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."