Update added by user Jan 02
Haverty's called me the day after the tech was out.Gave a prompt full refund.
PLUS additional to cover replacement of clothing. Said I could come get something else if I wanted, but this way, with refund, I had the option if I wanted to go elsewhere. Service rep was VERY nice and helpful. Haverty's gave no argument, were prompt in resolving, including paying for damages.
We did go back and get different chairs, and will continue to purchase from Haverty's.
They were honest, and prompt, great service.
By the way, i have since seen on a number of items like purses, clothing, shoes for sale in assorted stores, that WARN to not put burgundy items near your clothing, as the color will bleed off.I guess it is a hazard with this color, on most anything.
The replacement chairs that we got are a very pale mint green.
Update added by user Jul 03, 2015
Called Cust Svs and a technician to come out July 11 to check out the situation.
Original review posted by user Jul 03, 2015
Special custom order two Betsy model Power Wallsaver Recliners, Color: Crimson. Fabric is sort of a thin microsuede, polyester. Were delivered in about 3 weeks (6/16/15). Several days ago, noticed that the back of my white nightgown was stained crimson! Went to hamper, dug out and took a look at the nightgown I wore a couple cays before - crimson stains. Made husband stand up and come outside; the backside of his white shorts are stained crimson. Stains are not BRIGHT, but are obvious and ugly. I put in a complaint on July 1, describing the issue. They have it entitled "damage to clothing". I told them that yes, I have damage to clothing and want that issue addressed, but that the fabric is totally defective in that it bleeds red color onto people and clothing. I asked that someone come out and rub their own piece of white fabric anywhere on either chair.
I did upload photos of my nightgown with the stains.
Have not yet heard back for them to send someone out to check it out.
What I want is chairs with a totally different fabric. I do not trust ANY fabric in that line ALL.
Everyone has been courteous and prompt, so I will see what transpires. But I sure am disappointed that such an AWFUL quality merchandise would be sold from a store that is generally considered to carry good product.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Sales staff
- Selection of merchandise
- Quality of merchandise
What I disliked
- Fabric defective
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Betsy Power Wallsaver Recliner
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "Been trying to review (on the Haverty's website) the Sutton Place King Sleigh Bed we bought a year ago, and (surprise surprise) there is no way for me to actually..."
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "We purchased a beautiful French Brittany from them 4 years ago. We live in Florida so they flew her to Miami. She has been very healthy except for a few..."
- "ORDERED WHITE STONE TABLES AS PICTURED ON THEIR SITE. FIRST AND FOREMOST THEIR DELIVERY SERVICE IN MY AREA REALLY SUCKS. A DELIVERY COMPANY THAT ONLY AT BEST IS IN MY..."
- "I used Behr All-in-One Deck Cleaner first and then a tinted Textured Deck Over. It looked awesome at first but within a month, the paint started chipping off...first in..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- "RENEE HAS CURSED ME OUT INSULTED ME RELIGIOUSLY AND RACIALLY WHILE SHE WAS UNDER PRESSURE OF LOSING CONTRACTS I HAVE TO ALSO SEEN HER GO THROUGH THE RESIDENTS PERSONAL BELONGINGS..."
- "I lost 75 lbs and it feels like 100 lbs. I couldn't have done it without the Roca Labs regimen.It was so easy to do. Those who say it doesn't..."