Havertys Furniture - Bed beams broke
My husband and I bought our bed about a year ago (Sutton Place King Sleigh Bed). I remember hearing, about a month into owning the bed, occasional slight cracking noises under the bed. I wish then that I had lifted the mattress and box springs off the bed and inspected the beams at that time. This morning, my husband rolled over to grab his glasses and we heard a crack and something fell to the floor as our mattress listed to one side. We lifted up the bed and found the support beam at the head of the bed broken on the floor. To our surprise, all of the supports are buckling and look about ready to break. They are so cheap! We can see now that they are made out of some type of layered particleboard. My husband is at Lowe's now buying actual wood to try to install so we can sleep on our bed tonight.
I am so disappointed! We went to Haverty's because we knew that if we paid good money, we'd get a quality product. We are not rich and, for us, $1600 is a lot to pay for a bed. The rest of the bed is fine - beautiful, actually. We get a lot of compliments, but these beams can be easily bent with two hands.
I have written to Havertys asking for a partial refund for our time and the money we are spending on the wood needed to fortify the bed. We'll see if they even respond.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "Ford F350 Truck was junk. Promised by Kyle it was in perfect condition, no issues. Full of rust, engine leaking oil everywhere. Fuel leak on top of engine...."
- " Even if you're an educated person, if you cross paths with the Owner of the Publicity..."
- "I had ordered a pair of shoes from this site simply because I could not find it elsewhere with the lack of information I had on it (obvious from the..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."
- "This website market's as an Australian website but it's managed by Systematic Trade Ltd in the U.K. No contact information or clear disclosure. They have 4 consistent "winners' who I..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."