Havertys Furniture - Bed beams broke
My husband and I bought our bed about a year ago (Sutton Place King Sleigh Bed). I remember hearing, about a month into owning the bed, occasional slight cracking noises under the bed. I wish then that I had lifted the mattress and box springs off the bed and inspected the beams at that time. This morning, my husband rolled over to grab his glasses and we heard a crack and something fell to the floor as our mattress listed to one side. We lifted up the bed and found the support beam at the head of the bed broken on the floor. To our surprise, all of the supports are buckling and look about ready to break. They are so cheap! We can see now that they are made out of some type of layered particleboard. My husband is at Lowe's now buying actual wood to try to install so we can sleep on our bed tonight.
I am so disappointed! We went to Haverty's because we knew that if we paid good money, we'd get a quality product. We are not rich and, for us, $1600 is a lot to pay for a bed. The rest of the bed is fine - beautiful, actually. We get a lot of compliments, but these beams can be easily bent with two hands.
I have written to Havertys asking for a partial refund for our time and the money we are spending on the wood needed to fortify the bed. We'll see if they even respond.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Feathers are consistently coming out of the seat pads, arm rest, and pillows of our living room set (sofa, loveseat and throw pillows) which is their Autumn Breeze model. Over..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "First, let me start off by adding that we owned a leather couch for almost 8 years prior to this new purchase. We decided to upgrade to a recliner sectional..."
- "The bed we purchased was one the King Koil â€œthermal/visco-elastic foamâ€ Night Rain-Natural Response type beds on 1/25/03. I have to admit, a foam bed was not on my..."
- "Alexis, Is a black girl that lives in Virginia Beach and has a cell phone of 813-682-7857. She drives a worn out white BMW with an oil leak. ..."
- "I bought a brand-new 2012 Chevy Sonic from a dealer in AZ. I bought the car because it was one of only 2 automatic cars that are designed to..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "Upon arriving in Nacogdoches, I checked my phone, Days Inn, fairly close, reasonably priced, ok why not. The young lady, that checked us in, would rather get back to texting,..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."